So I did this 25 Random Things about Me thingy on Facebook and thought it would make a passable cop-out post since I don't have anything fresh to say today to accompany my sketch.
1. I don’t actually try to be weird, quite the opposite really. You should hear/read some of the things I filter out.
2. I have never owned a monkey, a diaper, or a monkey in a diaper.
3. I don’t like potato chips, in general.
4. I am actually a smidge under 6’2”
5. I have actually performed the Heimlich on a chipmunk.
6. I have long held the belief that I would probably taste good blackened and seared with a nice Merlot- then again, what doesn’t?
7. I have only had two nicknames that stuck for any period of time: tripod and sleeper.
8. Every night small animals sit on me.
9. I often wear pants.
10. I have a hard time remembering names, even my own.
11. I am a world-class loomer, but I struggle with hovering and loitering.
12. I have actually drawn my way out of a paper bag- it’s all about pencil pressure.
13. I have never passed a polygraph by telling the truth.
14. I really like chapulines tacos.
15. I don’t believe in putting my friends in some sort of hierarchy.
16. The sense of humor I rarely share is pitch black and would make the devil flinch.
17. I tend to do things I shouldn’t be able to do and forget to do things I need to do.
18. This is not my first rodeo.
19. I love vulcanology.
20. I don’t like people in general only in specific.
21. I have two Master’s degrees – Religious Studies and International Policy.
22. I specialized in death rituals and then transitional justice issues related to genocide for my Master’s degrees.
23. I could be a vegetarian if it weren’t for bacon.
24. I read up to 6 books at a time and tend to finish 1 a day.
25. I don’t have a favorite color, but I’m not a fan of yellow.
Eric in a Word: plenilune
Book of the Day: The Sacred and The Profane- Mircea Eliade
Song of the Day: Seven Deadly Sins- Flogging Molly
Religious Figure of the Day: Leucothea
Sketch medium: charcoal on bristol board.