Tuesday

Let the quest begin...


Over the past few months I have experienced a renaissance, a rebirth, into a wholly new, or more accurately holistic person. The reason I bring this up, beyond this blog playing a vital role in the process, is that I have been unable to find a satisfactory way of marking and thus completing the transition. This situation begs for a ritual, but I have been unable to find any that fit. There is a paucity of powerful rituals of transformation out there. The ones we are either become watered down, laden with religious meaning and dogma, or somehow miss the mark. Creating a personal ritual that has meaning for me seems like the only option, but here I run a risk of not creating a fully effective one, primarily because of the highly individualistic nature of it and the possible lack of connection with anything outside of myself. So, I am on a quest, one that could take a while, but to settle for a half-ass marker of this powerful experience would be disingenuous and doing myself a disfavor.


Eric in a Word: anfractuosity


Song of the Day: Fireflies- Mofro

Sketch Medium: ink on green tea infused paper (2.5" x3.5")*


*All sketches from now on will conform to the 2.5" x3.5" format unless otherwise noted.

No comments: